Friday, August 6, 2010

I am a hairdresser. Is it safe to work with hair dye whilst pregnant??

I am a hairdresser also and I worked with my first and I have worked with my second so far. You will be fine. Plus, when I started cosmetology school there were 6 pregnant girls in school and all of their babies were born healty. Nothing to worry about.I am a hairdresser. Is it safe to work with hair dye whilst pregnant??
I've yet to hear of anyone having problems with it.I am a hairdresser. Is it safe to work with hair dye whilst pregnant??
i dont see a problem if your comfortable my old hair dresser work until she was 8 months good luck
no its reccomended that you dont


please dont do it


my coach's hasnt been the same..........
um...i would have to say ask the doc, but i don't think it causes a problem. the only problem i could see that there would be is the fumes from the dye...but again, talk to the doc
I just read an article on this!! It's about having your hair colored, but it should count for coloring hair too. Specially the part at the end about inhaling the smells from the dye...


Here's some of what it said:





';Although research into the effects of hair coloring on baby's health are still somewhat limited,many experts now contend the dyes are most likely safe and that women needn't be afraid to color their world during pregnancy.


That said, don't be surprised if your doctor still suggests you approach hair coloring with caution. Because the dye is absorbed through the scalp and into the body (it can be identified in urine) some medical experts are hesitant to give carte blanche to hair coloring during all three trimesters. Often, many physicians advise holding off coloring hair with permanent dyes during the first trimester when your baby is undergoing important neurological developments. Coloring can then be resumed in the second or third trimester.





If you color your hair at home, look for products with the fewest number of chemicals and always work in a well-ventilated room, wearing gloves while handling the mixture. If you have your hair done in a salon, request the first appointment in the morning on their least busy day - when you are least likely to suffer excessive chemical exposure';





You can read the whole article here: http://www.pregnancy.org/article.php?sid鈥?/a>





Hope this helps!!
yes, i am a hair stylist also. i worked through my first pregnancy and i am working through this one. dont do any color stripping though, the fumes involved with that are strong. everything else is fine.





omg these people are even stylist!! nonsense, they dont know what they are talking about.





another thing you might want to do is invest in a saddle chair to sit in while doing color and cuts. i sit down most of the day doing people's hair. standing for longer then 40 hours a week can cause preterm labor, which i did have with my first, and dont plan on having it this time.
I would ask your Dr. on that one, although i've heard not to
Im a stylist as well and have been through all 3 of my very healthy pregnancies. Just becareful twards the end standing on your feet. Get one of those mats for by your station and also wear some type of control leggings to help the circulation in your legs. As long as the chemicals dont make you nausious your fine. We wear gloves....
I wouldent but thats just me. Momma knows best, go with your gut
i heard you can't dye your hair when your pregnant but i don't know about working with it but i would think it is the samething i would talk to your obgyn about this .
i was in beauty school a long time ago and one girl in my class had to quit because she learned she was pregnant. they said certain chemical fumes can be harmful and id believe that should inclue dye.
I was always told by my doctor it was harmful to inhale while pregnant. I don't think it would hurt much unless you dye a lot of hair daily. I am sure many hairdressers mix hair dye while pregnant. I wouldn't but thats just me.
  • revlon makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment