Saturday, August 21, 2010

When my hairdresser does my highlights i still have about 1/2cm dark line of root?Why? am i gettin ripped off?

No, you are not getting ripped off and no we don't want you to come in sooner. Sometimes, if a thin enough section is not taken that can happen. Also sometimes the foils slip. Bleach is really not supposed to touch the scalp so hairdressers are careful about that too. But if he/she is good, they will be able to get it as close as possible. Now, if you are talking cap-talk to my hand. I don't do cap unless your hair is less than 2';. Longer hair how can you possibly pull a longer strand and hope it is coming directly from around the hole you are pulling it through. You could be pulling it from 3'; away. Therefore with that you will have roots still. But I try to take thinner sections especially around the hairline in front. Remember, we are not miracle providers. Only helping nature along and if you are that unhappy about thinking that we only want you back sooner, you should tell us that when you sit in our chair about your results the last time you were in. We won't know until you tell us OR you don't come back. We really DO want to make our clients satisfied.When my hairdresser does my highlights i still have about 1/2cm dark line of root?Why? am i gettin ripped off?
you obviously have quite dark hair and are probably one of those clients that sit in the mirror and pull you hair flat to your head either side of your parting and spot a minicule half centimetre of natural hair colour!!!!!! Very irritating for us stylists that stand there for an hour or more putting the foils in for you. Unless you have any knowledge of chemical swelling i suggest you either go natural or stop moaning.When my hairdresser does my highlights i still have about 1/2cm dark line of root?Why? am i gettin ripped off?
no it's better for your roots
in my opinion you actually are not actually your hair dresser is trying to keep from causing major breakage to your hair bcuz dye and color actually damages your hair in ways you wouldnt even think about.
yes, they should be able to get right down to the roots; make sure they are using foils and not a cap as you get a better results
They do it to make your hair look more natural. You are not getting ripped off, I promise.
I presume you mean they're using Easi-mesh / foils? Sadly, the old fashioned method of pulling the hair through a rubber cap is the only way to get really close to the scalp without damaging you!
happens here too,


think they want you to go back sooner
Listen i go to a hairdresser too and i dont come out like that so yes i think you are getting ripped off find a new
because foils arnt done directly on the scalp. you should tell them next time becasue a lot of hairdressers i find just do what suits them, they charge a lot of money so make sure you are happy!
It depends whether they use a cap or foils. You will never get to the root using a cap - that is common sense as the cap is about 1 - 2 cm thick.





You get closer to the root with foils, but it still wont get all your hair as if they go to the root - it smudges onto your other hair.
Most hairdressers do that, because of the bleach burning your scalp. I have the same problem, and it really really bugs me, so when I go to the hairdressers now, I make sure I tell them to get so close to my head, even if it burns me slightly, which it has done, but it heals, and I don't have a horrible root.





Your not being ripped off, they are just being careful, in case you sue them or something.
no you are not getting riped off being a stylist myself i have to tell you that the reason that the dark roots are left is because if the bleach is applied to the scalp it can burn or bleed into the other hair because as it processes it swells and can leave ugly spots through out your hair the roots must be left for your safety and your hairs i hope this helps
  • revlon makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment