Saturday, August 21, 2010

So im dying my hair......its already blonde (done in the foils by the hairdresser and quite blonde)?

now i need it re-doin iv got a work interview and i cant afford the hair dreser and my roots r down to my eye balls :-$...what the best colourant to get i want it platinum blonde or as close as i can by doing it by myself...ne1 no if Clairol nice n easy ultra light blonde is any good? or is there anythin better!!!!So im dying my hair......its already blonde (done in the foils by the hairdresser and quite blonde)?
DON'T DO IT! You could ruin your hair and it will have to grow out, or be cut off. I was thinking of doing the same thing and did a lot of research.


If you have foil 'highlighting' which uses color and bleach, that is NOT the same as having just a color, which is what they sell in beauty supply stores or department stores. They say not to put a color (dye) over bleached hair.





If your hair is a medium to dark brown hair, it's more of a problem. If you have light brown hair you might be able to dye your roots only somehow, but I wouldn't put color over the highlighted bleach areas.


There is a 'root touch up' you can buy.





Also, ask your hairdresser for your 'recipe'. When I moved my hairdresser wrote down the formula she uses for my foil highlighting to give to my next salon. I looked it up online to see what she used, so you could find out how much color you have and how much bleach.





Good luck! I wish the highlighting were not so expensive too!

No comments:

Post a Comment